No purchase necessary to enter or win. Purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
1. The Swift Optical Scholarship Contest (the "Swift Optical Scholarship Contest" or "Giveaway") is open only to American and Canadian residents who are over the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence at the time of entry and full time students of their chosen post secondary educational institution. Employees, representatives and agents of Swift Optical ("Sponsor"), and its parent companies, afﬁliates (including, without limitation, Swift Labs L.L.C), and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family members (spouse, children, parents and siblings) and those living in the same household of such employees, representatives and agents are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
How to Enter
2. There is one way to enter: Visit www.swift-optical.com/scholarship website any time before February 21, 2017 at Noon EST (the "Giveaway Period"), and follow the instructions on the page. Upon submission of your entry online, you will be automatically entered in the Swift Optical Scholarship Contest.
- Limit one (1) entry per person, per scholarship. All entries from individuals found to have entered more than once will be void.
- In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the potential winner may be required to provide identiﬁcation sufﬁcient to show that he/she is the person identiﬁed on the entry submission and is otherwise eligible to win.
- All eligible entries received at www.swift-optical.com/scholarship in the given time frame will be entered for drawing. Swift Optical is not responsible for any lost, late, illegible, incomplete, falsiﬁed, destroyed, or failed entries, or for any electronic miscommunications or failures of any kind, which may limit an entrant's ability to participate in this Giveaway. Proof of submitting an entry is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any and all lost, late, illegible, incomplete, falseﬁed, destroyed, or failed entries will be disqualiﬁed. No purchase is necessary to enter or win, and a purchase will not increase the odds of your winning.
- There is one $1,000 scholarship available to be won.
Qualiﬁcation of valid entry
Each entrant must complete the following steps in order to qualify for a chance to win a scholarship:
- Fill out the online ballot at www.swift-optical.com/scholarship.
Entries not completing the above noted step will be considered illegible for the Giveaway and another winner will be drawn.
7. At the outset of the Giveaway, there is a total of one (1) prize available to be won. The number of prizes available will reduce as awarded. One (1) prize will be awarded for the Scholarship. There is a limit of one (1) prize per person during the entire Giveaway Period. The Swift Optical Scholarship is a $1000 check that will be remitted to the winner.
8. Swift Optical will make reasonable efforts to contact potential winners by telephone (if telephone number provided) and/or email within ten (10) business days following the date of the relevant drawing. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within the time speciﬁed above, does not complete the necessary eligibility forms (outlined below) within fourteen (14) days of his/her being informed of his/her name being drawn, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, is not otherwise an eligible entrant, or does not otherwise comply with the Ofﬁcial Rules, he/she will not win any prize. In this event, the prize will be awarded to an alternate entrant, who will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries. Any alternate winner will have the same rights and obligations as the original winner. To claim a prize, a potential winner must comply with the Ofﬁcial Rules for this Giveaway must correctly answer unaided a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by Sponsor and must ﬁll out and return a Declaration and Release, including a Publicity Release, within fourteen (14) days of his/her being informed of his/her name being drawn. Prizes will be delivered to the conﬁrmed winner by Swift Optical.
Conﬁrmation of Potential Winners
9. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree to be bound by these Ofﬁcial Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the judges, which are ﬁnal and binding in all respects. No cash or other substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Return of any prize notiﬁcation as non-deliverable or failure to comply with the Ofﬁcial Rules will result in disqualiﬁcation, and an alternate entrant may be randomly selected in accordance with the Ofﬁcial Rules. All taxes for prizes are the sole responsibility of the individual winners.
10. By participating, entrants agree: (1) that Sponsor may (unless prohibited by law) use winner's name, city of residence, photograph, image and/or likeness for advertising and other promotional purposes, without further review or compensation, in any media, in perpetuity and worldwide; and (2) to hold Sponsor, its parent, divisions, afﬁliates, advertising and promotion agencies and other agents, and their respective directors, ofﬁcers, employees, representatives, agents and assigns harmless against any and all claims, loss, liability, injury or damage to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of their acceptance, possession or use of a prize or their participation in this Giveaway.
11. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, lost or late entries or faulty transmissions, technical computer hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or interrupted or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled, misrouted, scrambled or delayed computer transmission, or other errors or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise, which may limit or affect in any way an entrant's ability to participate in this Giveaway. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of this Giveaway or in the announcement of the prizes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Giveaway; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of this Giveaway; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the entry portals on any particular day; or (e) any injury or damage to entrant's or to any other person's computer which may be related to or resulting from participating in the Giveaway or any attempt to obtain further information concerning this Giveaway.
12. Sponsor reserves the right (1) to disqualify any entrant and void any entries of an entrant who has engaged in unsportsmanlike conduct, fraud or other misconduct relative to this Giveaway or otherwise attempted to tamper with or impair this Giveaway; and/or (2) to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate this Giveaway, for any reason, including if, in Sponsor's sole opinion, technical failures, applicable laws or regulations, virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond Sponsor's control destroys the integrity of this Giveaway or otherwise corrupts or impairs the administration, security, legality, fairness or proper play of this Giveaway or any part thereof. Online entries must be made only by the original, manual keystrokes of the individual entrant. Use of any automated system including robotic, or form ﬁlling software to enter is prohibited and will result in disqualiﬁcation of all entries by anyone using such assistance.
13. Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Giveaway, or to be acting in any manner Sponsor deems to be in violation of the Ofﬁcial Rules or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If, for any reason, this Giveaway is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, violation of applicable law or regulation or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Giveaway, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Giveaway in whole or in part.
14. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
15. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted on the entry form at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is deﬁned as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
17. The Giveaway is subject to all federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The Giveaway and the Ofﬁcial Rules will be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be governed by the laws of New York and shall be adjudicated in the applicable court in New York state.
18. A copy of the Ofﬁcial Rules will be available at entry areas located at massena.swift-optical.com/ScholarshipRules during the Giveaway Period.
19. Draw Date and Draw Period
Entries received during this period will be (on or around) eligible for the Draw Date.
12:01 AM EST on Janaury 20, 2017 to NOON EST on February 21, 2017
February 21, 2017 at 2 pm EST